This contains a complete set of Genetics (part 1) flashcards.
They are handmade by me, and suited to medical students or others training in a healthcare profession (eg. nursing, genetic counselling, PA etc).
These are a set of digital notes that you can download and recreate a set of 13 flashcards with. This set is focused on genetics, covering pedigree charts, inheritance, genetic testing, and mutations:
1. family history & common pedigree symbols (diagram)
2. autosomal dominant & X-linked inheritance
3. autosomal recessive inheritance & consanguinity
4. population risk & genetic counselling (overview)
5. twin studies, newborn screening and PKU
6. prenatal diagnosis: CVS, amniocentesis, foetal sexing
7. PGD & antenatal screening
8. Huntington's disease (overview)
9. DNA & gene structure (overview)
10. splice site mutations & effects of mutations
11. mutations: genetic diseases & DNA testing (overview)
12. PCR, Sanger sequencing, next generation sequencing, gel electrophoresis
13. developmental disorders (overview)
This is a digital download pack in PDF form. If you are printing the cards, for best quality I recommend using thick white paper or card and laminating for protection.
-unfortunately due to the nature of this product, refunds are not accepted, but if you are unhappy please do not hesitate to contact me
-all the content of the notes is my own work, collating information from relevant lectures, textbooks and online resources (you can follow me at @j.flashcards for more flashcards inspo and medical school content!)
-any mistakes in the notes are my own
-if you have any questions, please feel free to email me
-my Instagram account is @j.flashcards
-email me at email@example.com
I really hope you find these notes helpful for your revision! I welcome any feedback you have for me.